Clarendon Presbyterian Church in Arlington, Virginia seeks a Stated Supply Pastor. Clarendon is a small, vibrant community of faith guided by a simple mission of inclusion, welcome, service, and justice:
Following the Spirit’s call to go into the world with love, joy, and creativity, we are a community of faith following the way of Jesus in solidarity with marginalized and disenfranchised people doing justice, loving mercy, and walking humbly with God. We seek companions on the journey from all walks of life.
Clarendon seeks a Stated Supply Pastor who will:
• Integrate Scripture with the mission of the community through worship leadership, bringing an understanding of the Reformed tradition and relating it to the opportunities and challenges of a broader community and denomination in transition.
• Shepherd a small and vibrant community in holding fast to what makes it unique while exploring options for being church in new and creative ways, including discernment of longer-term ministerial leadership and outreach to families and young people to further diversify the community.
• Lead and manage a small, part-time staff and lay leadership (elders and deacons) to help create an environment – in and out of worship – that reflects the values of the Clarendon community.
• Foster an environment that reflects the community’s commitment to welcome and authentically include all people, regardless of race, income, family status, sexuality, nation of origin, belief or doubt.
• Engage with the broader community (Arlington County/Northern Virginia, National Capital Presbytery, PCUSA), to form and maintain constructive partnerships, representing and advocating for the needs and values of the Clarendon community.
The position is designed as a part-time contract (75% time, which includes preaching three of four Sundays in months with four Sundays). The minimum effective salary for this position is $64,089, plus applicable benefits (Board of Pensions contribution, FICA, paid personal and study leave). Contract terms are negotiable within congregational, National Capital Presbytery, and PCUSA guidelines.
Full position description here.
The contract term is one year (renewable) starting March 2020 (or earlier depending on selection process and candidate availability).
Eligible candidates are encouraged to submit their Personal Information Form to Clarendon’s Congregational Leadership Working Group at email@example.com. Review will begin in December 2019 and will continue until a candidate and contract are approved.
For more information about Clarendon Presbyterian, please visit our website.
|Job Category||Interim Ministry | Stated Supply|