National Capital Presbytery comprises 103 churches in four counties in Virginia, five counties in Maryland and the District of Columbia, speaking eleven languages in worship on a Sunday. Spread across the Washington DC metro area, the National Capital Presbytery is a diverse tapestry of people, churches and relationships.
Our churches are involved in ministry within their own neighborhoods, in partnership with each other across the presbytery, in partnership with other congregations and faith groups. We count more than 100 global ministry partnerships with congregations in Cuba, Haiti, Mexico and around the world to Hong Kong, Korea, Cameroon, Kenya and everywhere in between.
Our churches are forming New Worshipping Communities. We are discovering new forms of ministry for this new cultural context in which God is sending us. We come here from East and West and North and South and sit together and celebrate God’s amazing action that has called us together. We are Evangelical and Progressive, black, white, Hispanic, Anglo, Asian, African, even European. We worship in a variety of familiar “classical” styles as well as at least ten types of other worship expression styles.
We strive to strengthen and transform our congregations to be Missional, Pastoral and Prophetic:
- By gathering regularly to be in relationship and generative discernment
- Encouraging mission networks amongst our churches and in the wider community
- In worship that refreshes, identifies, forms, reforms and informs us
- Providing relational accountability that encourages each of us toward increased faithfulness and service
- We are less a “meeting” and more an organic web of relationships and interconnectedness amongst our people and our churches
- Providing a community across our differences that is a witness to a culture that is far too sectarian, divisive and self-isolating.
National Capital Presbytery
11300 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Hours of Operation: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Click here for Directions and Parking