Adelphi Presbyterian Church, a diverse intercultural community that describes itself as “small but mighty,” is seeking a part-time, 20 hours per week, stated supply pastor.
Expectations of the person called to be Adelphi’s part-time Stated-Supply Pastor include:
• Provide regular preaching and worship leadership on Sunday morning and at special worship services.
• Officiate at weddings and funerals
• Administer the sacraments as agreed to by Session, which gives prior approval of baptisms and determines the schedule for Holy Communion.
• Provide pastoral care for church members and friends including hospital and home visitation.
• Moderate all Session and congregational meetings.
• Work collegially with the Session.
• Provide ordered ministry training upon request by Session.
• Oversee the part-time contractual positions of an Office Administrator and Music Associate.
• Prepare a monthly newsletter article.
• Follow the policies and procedures of National Capital Presbytery.
Compensation will meet the minimum requirements set by National Capital Presbytery.
Please send a cover letter and resume/PDF to our Search Committee Chairperson: Bih Tayong at
|Interim Ministry | Stated Supply