224th General Assembly (2020)
Nomination of Commissioners to the 224th General Assembly
National Capital Presbytery
June 20-27, 2020 – Baltimore, MD
Grace and Peace, brothers and sisters of the National Capital Presbytery!
The General Assembly is coming to Baltimore next June! The Nominating Committee will be nominating a slate of ruling and teaching elders to become commissioners and a young adult to be an advisory delegate to the Assembly. We encourage all those eligible to consider applying for one of our slots.
Nomination forms for Teaching Elder, Ruling Elder Commissioners to the 224th
General Assembly to be held in Baltimore, MD, June 20-27 are now available on the NCP website. There you can also find nomination forms for the Young Adult Advisory Delegates (YAADs). These forms can ONLY be submitted electronically. No paper copies will be accepted. Criteria for nominations from NCP to the General Assembly can be found here.
It is the mandate of the Presbytery to nominate commissioners who reflect the theological diversity as well as the social diversity that exists in our presbytery. The information provided on these forms helps the Nominating committee assure an appropriate balance of theological diversity; clergy and lay people; male and female; all ages; racial/ethnic groups; geographical area; and congregation sizes.
- All applications should be emailed to email@example.com, attached as a word document or pdf. The file should be named [LAST NAME] GAapp
- All candidates must also attach a picture. [LAST NAME] GApic
- Clergy may submit forms on their own. Letters of recommendation are not required but may be submitted if desired.
- Elders and those seeking to be YAADs will complete the form and send it electronically to their Clerk or Moderator of Session. The Clerk or Moderator shall complete and submit the form electronically after the Session has endorsed the nomination.
- At least one (and up to three) reference forms for Ruling Elders and YAADs are to be submitted electronically by the person writing the recommendation.
Transportation to the General Assembly, and room and board are reimbursed for commissioners and YAADS in accordance with General Assembly policy. A Dependent Care Reimbursement Policy was developed for commissioners and advisory delegates to the General Assembly – beginning with the 222nd GA (2016).
All forms are due by Saturday, September 28, 2019. The Nominating Committee will post the slate of commissioners and delegates online by October 29, 2019. Anyone who is not nominated at that point, and wishes to be nominated from the floor must submit a completed form to the Presbytery office by November 5, two weeks before the November 19th presbytery meeting.
If you have questions about this process, please contact me at RLV@gtownpres.org or contact Sara Coe, firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate a larger than usual number of applicants this year, so whether you are selected, we thank you for your willingness to serve the church in this special way.
Rev. Rachel Landers Vaagenes, NCP Nominating Committee Chair
The forms are in PDF INTERACTIVE format so that they can be filled out and returned electronically. To download you need to Right Click on the appropriate form, choose “Save As” and save it on your computer.