The Poolesville Presbyterian Church, Poolesville, Maryland, is seeking a part-time Music/Choir Director to play the piano and/or organ and direct the choir at our weekly 10:30 AM Sunday worship services. As the choir director this person will be selecting and teaching music (anthems, spirituals, and gospels) at a weekly evening rehearsal. Weekly time commitment is approximately 10 hours.
During the pandemic, all activities will be conducted virtually (e.g., Zoom, Facebook Live).
If interested, please contact Jill McDonald; Cell: 301-325-6603; Email: email@example.com.
● Strong interest in directing a small choral group
● Strong accompanist skills (piano and/or organ)
● Provide musical accompaniment for weekly Sunday worship services and any special services (e.g., Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Memorial services)
● Direct choir(s) by selecting appropriate music for worship services and conducting weekly hour-long rehearsals, generally from September through May.
● Ability to adapt to our pandemic-related practice of livestreaming worship services, including the recording of mp3 and mp4 files of hymns, anthems, and other worship-related music.
● Assist in the selection of hymns, as appropriate
● Receive schedule of selected service hymns weekly from the Administrative Assistant
● Order choir music as needed and submit bills to the Worship and the Arts Elder for authorization/reimbursement.
● Schedule piano and/or organ repair/maintenance with the help of the Buildings and Grounds Elder, as needed.
● Arrange for substitute coverage if unable to serve on a given week, and inform the Administrative Assistant and the Worship and the Arts Elder
● Check mailbox and email regularly
Poolesville Presbyterian Church is a small, intergenerational congregation located in Upper Montgomery County (Poolesville, MD). For more information about the church please see our website (www.poolpres.com).
|Job Category||Other Positions (including administrative)|