Christian Community Presbyterian Church (CCPC) in Bowie, MD, is searching for a Ministry Associate to lead the youth & children’s programs and to support the Transitional Pastor. CCPC’s Youth program is in transition. Our youth minister of 5 years recently left, and this year more than half of our youth group graduated. Additionally, like everyone else, we are dealing with the challenges of COVID.
This position is part time (20 hours/week)
$22k per year
• Organizing, planning, and leading youth and children’s activities with a creative approach. This includes fun activities, regular meetings, retreats, mission trips, Bible studies, VBS and worship in the life of CCPC.
• Regular communications, verbal and written, with the youth, parents, volunteers, church staff, and others.
• Develop relationships with all youth and their families, regardless of ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation.
• Organizing and choosing Christian Education materials and learning approaches for youth, including Sunday School.
• Managing fundraising activities and budget for youth programs.
• Coordinate youth participation in worship.
The successful candidate would need to have the following experience and qualifications:
• Experience in Youth Ministry – connects with and relates well with youth and has worked with youth.
• Leadership Skills – has demonstrated abilities for leading a group of youth and keeping them involved and excited.
• Organizational Skills — Organized and able to work with others using various technologies.
• Exceptional Communication Skills – Verbal as well as Computer Skills to communicate with the youth, parents, staff, greater church, and other outside agencies.
• Christian Education – experience and background that is compatible with the Presbyterian Church (USA).
• Experience with, or openness to, non-traditional worship styles.
The successful candidate would need to possess the following qualities:
• Personal Faith – Ability to lead the youth in their Spiritual growth and development. Personally experienced a loving Christian church and who knows the importance of a positive church relationship.
• Passion and Care of all Youth – A person that will care for all the youth and reach out to those who are on the fringe of the program, as well as those who are active. A person that has life experiences and can relate to today’s youth environments.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
The reply address for applicants is – CCPCsearchteam@gmail.com
|Job Category||Other Positions (including administrative)|