Idylwood Presbyterian Church 7617 Idylwood Road McLean, VA 22043
- Status: Part-Time (8 – 10 hours/week)
- Supervisor: Stated Supply Pastor
- Required Attendance:
Sundays, 10:00 – 12:00 (four weeks vacation; excused absences with two weeks advance notice)
One weekday morning or afternoon per week of at least 2 – 3 office hours at the church (Tuesday or Wednesday preferred); negotiable.
- Design, resource, and oversee a robust children’s Sunday School program for all elementary school children K – 5 on a weekly basis.This can be a one-room school house or multiple groups using volunteers from the congregation.
- In coordination with the pastor, select and implement the use of a Sunday School curriculum which is theologically and pedagogically appropriate for IPC and adaptable for different ages.The curriculum should focus on or heavily emphasize the familiarity of Bible stories for children.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to assist with and/or lead groups of children on Sunday mornings.
- In coordination with the pastor, lead and/or assign leaders for 5-minute children’s sermon each Sunday.
- Explore the possibility of a Vacation Bible School type of event in the summer.Size and scope will depend on volunteer support.
- Coordinate once/quarter special events on days other than Sunday that engage children in mission, service projects, fun activities, or education experiences.
- Be intentional about one’s own personal ongoing spiritual growth which will involve a weekly Bible reading plan.
- A love for Jesus Christ, respect for His church, a desire to grow in faith, and a deep appreciation for children.
- Some experience working with elementary-age children in a structured educational setting.
- Good organizational skills.
- Familiarity with the Bible and the basics of the Christian faith.
- Availability Sunday mornings.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Exposure to mainline church ethos helpful.
Contact: Rev. Norm Gordon, Idylwood Presbyterian Church, 7617 Idylwood Road, Falls Church, VA22043; call 240-750-8848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Educators | Youth|