Asbury Methodist Village 201 Russell Avenue Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Asbury Methodist Village is the 12th largest CCRC in the country and proudly calls Montgomery County, Maryland home. As part of the not-for-profit Asbury Communities System, Asbury Methodist Village provides a complete continuum of care including residential living options such as courtyard homes, villas and spacious apartments, as well as assisted living suites, skilled nursing residences, memory support and rehabilitation services. These choices, combined with an outstanding tradition of quality and service, help Asbury lead the way in exceptional retirement living.
We are currently searching for a Chaplain to join the Pastoral Care and Counseling Team. This position will primarily support residents living in Kindley Assisted Living, but will also provide spiritual and emotional support across the Asbury campus.The successful candidate will have a holistic approach to spiritual care, working knowledge of mental health issues affecting older adults, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to work as part of a collaborative cross-functional team.
- Provide spiritual and emotional support to residents, family members and associates
- Provide pastoral leadership for worship and memorial services
- Ensure that resident’s spiritual preferences and needs are an integral part of their care
- Facilitate programs and services that support resident’s spiritual and emotional well-being
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum two (2) years’ of service in a congregational setting
- Masters of Divinity from an accredited seminary
- Ordained clergy with denominational endorsement
- Certified by the Association of Professional Chaplains’ affiliate, The Board for the Certification of Chaplains, Inc. (APC/BCCI) or certified/licensed as a pastoral counselor by American Association of Pastoral Counselors (AAPC) or the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) or licensed by the state of Maryland
- Experience in an ecumenical/inter-faith work environment
- Experience working with seniors preferred
We offer a robust benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company contribution, Paid Time Off, and much more!
If you share in our mission to enhance the value of the entire span of life please contact:
Asbury Methodist Village – Human Resources at: www.asburymethodistvillage.org
|Job Category||Other Positions (including administrative)|