Administrative Assistant: Ashburn Presbyterian Church, Ashburn, VA
Summary Duties and Responsibilities
- General office work, document preparation, photocopying, correspondence, including a weekly church Eblast, annual reports, and postcards.
- Answer the phone, check voicemail, return phone calls, respond to emails, and order supplies as needed.
- Update the website, and church social media accounts. Maintain Google calendar with upcoming and recurring events and social media.
- Prepare Sunday bulletins, maintain office equipment.
- Coordinate with the Building and Grounds Elder and various ministries to schedule annual and routine maintenance and repairs.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Pastor.
- Assist the Treasurer with financial duties.
- Maintain the database.
Skills/Key Attributes Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Quickbooks.
- Proficient (or able to learn) Mailchimp and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the ability to update/maintain a website.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to proofread, be well-organized, and maintain professional standards. Skills in editing to ensure correctness, accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- The person in this position plays a vital role in providing a welcoming, inviting face for the church. The church office is the first stop for all visitors, preschool parents, delivery drivers, vendors, and contractors who enter the building during the week.
Church office experience preferred
Microsoft Office: 1 year (preferred)
Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
To apply, please send us a one-page resume and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please. Thank you for considering this opportunity.
Part-Time: 20 hours/week
Monday – Thursday 9 am – 2 pm or Monday – Friday 9 am – 1 pm
We offer 12 days of paid time off for holidays, sickness.
|Job Category||Other Positions (including administrative)|